Terms of Service – SpeakersLoft
Last updated on August 8th, 2019
-Added info about Bubble.is (August 8th 2019)
-Added new adress (May 28th, 2019)
-Added adress to top of text (April 5th, 2019)
Please read these Terms of Service (“TOS”, “Terms”) before using SpeakersLoft.com (The “Service”).This business is operated by SpeakersLoft ApS, Flakhaven 1,1, 5000 Odense C, Denmark.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance and compliance with these Terms. These terms apply to all former, present or prospective users and others who use the Service. There terms apply regardless of membership type or price.
By using or accessing the Service you (The “User”, “Customer”) agree to be bound by these terms. Should you disagree with or find yourself unable to agree with any part of the Terms, you may not use the service.
SpeakersLoft.com has the right to, at any point in time and without warning, cancel your subscription and remove your access to the Service should you default on the terms laid out in this document.
1 General regulations
- The Service is available for any natural person(s) over the age of 18, or anyone otherwise authorized to agree to the Terms in a legally binding fashion.
- Subscription to the Service is personal and may not be transferred to any other person natural or otherwise.
- To use the Service you must have an internet-connected device. This is not provided by the Service. The Service has the right to change the technical requirements for usage of the Service at any time, without warning.
- The Service enables communication between individuals. Under no circumstance can SpeakersLoft.com be held responsible for any utterances made by any Customer within the service. Any and all rapports of indecent, racist or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be investigated and relevant steps will be taken to ensure that this will not continue.
- Speakersloft.com has the right to terminate any account and ban any User who does not contribute to a good experience for all Customers.
2 The Service
- The Service is a community-based niche-publication providing a community to natural persons working primarily within the domain of public speaking. The Service is provided on a subscription basis, and users are solely responsible for accepting recurring fees. SpeakersLoft must be clear about any recurring fees.
- The content of the Service is to some extent delivered from member to member and may as such vary between regions.
- The Speakers loft may at its own discretion use third party services to provide the Service. In this case, the user must read and accept the Terms provided by the third party service. SpeakersLoft.com assumes no responsibility for any provisions set forth in the TOS or any other place by any third party.
- Users of the Speakers loft city guide will be able to upload info including but not limited to: phonenumbers, emails, pictures and addresses. These will be made available to other users, but can be changed or deleted by owner-users at any point in time.
- Speakersloft.com may at its sole discretion apply promotions to grow the member base.
- Such promotions may be limited to one usage per person (natural or otherwise) as indicated in relation to the promotion in question.
- In no circumstances is the Service required to offer promotions to customers that are already signed up to the service.
- In cases where Users signup to the Service as part of a promotion they will automatically continue on a paid subscription as the promotion expires. Users may at any time during the promotion period cancel their account, in which case no payment shall be made to the Service at the end of the promotional period.
- Any User trying to circumvent the promotional structure and bypass the regulations laid out in this TOS shall be considered as defaulting on the TOS.
- Promotions can not be combined unless otherwise stated.
- Users will pay monthly in advance until they cancel their subscription, or commit to single transactions. In both cases payment are handled by Payhip.com
- Speakersloft.com may cancel the account of any Customer that defaults on their payment.
- Prices are at all times available on SpeakersLoft.com and do not include any fees users may experience from other service providers enabling the Customer to access the service. I.G. Internet service providers.
5 Duration & Cancellation
- In accordance with Danish law, all Customers have the right to cancel their subscription within 14 days of signup. Should you wish to exercise this right, we recommend that you contact us using the below contact information.
- Should an error occur where you are erroneously charged, we will make every effort to return the sum in question within thirty (30) business days.
- Any subscription will continue running until it is canceled by either the Customer or Service. The provisions of this TOS will remain in effect for the duration of the subscription.
- When a User cancels a subscription to the Service some data may be kept by SpeakersLoft.com in order to comply with legal requirements.
- A User must visit SpeakersLoft.com to cancel their subscription.
6 Immaterial rights
- The Service is exclusively for personal use, and all logos, visual elements are the property of SpeakersLoft.com. They may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission from a legal representative of SpeakersLoft.com.
- A subscription to SpeakersLoft.com will never give the right to reproduce, sell or modify and content owned by SpeakersLoft.com
- As a Customer of the Service, you may become acquainted with strategies, logos, concepts and other immaterial property of other Customers. In no case may this be used for commercial or non-commercial purposes without express written consent from the appropriate rights holder.
- Speakersloft.com holds no responsibility for misuse of material that Customers have shared on the Service and will not indemnify and users for losses applied by other Customers in the Service.
- Any material such as videos and similar uploaded to Speakersloft.com will be transcoded on third-party servers.
- A subscription to the Service does not entitle Customers to use, sublicense, alter any software used by The Service for any other means commercial or otherwise than through the use of the service.
8 Third parties
- The service may provide links, endorsements and other elements generated by other Customers. These may link to third party websites. Under no circumstances can SpeakersLoft be held responsible for any damage or loss that occurs in relation to following these links or making use of these elements.
- Access to SpeakersLoft may incur fees from your service provider. SpeakersLoft cannot be held accountable for any such charges.
9 SpeakersLoft.com’s rights and obligations
- The Service reserves the right to change and the Terms. All changes, however, must be communicated to the user no less than 30 days before the change is implemented.
- The Service may contact Customers for promotional purposes only when explicit content to such use is given.
- SpeakersLoft is always available. Downtime may however occur and shall not be considered as a breach of the Terms. If the Service is unavailable for a prolonged period of time, the Service may opt to contact users to clarify the situation.
- The Service cannot be held responsible for any service outages due to local issues and/or outages of local service providers.
- The Service is not limited to any specific geographic location, and members are welcomed from everywhere. However, the SpeakersLoft.com assumes no obligations to provide customers support or the Service itself in any other language than English.
- The Service is under no obligation to provide technical support for devices used to access SpeakersLoft.
10 Customers rights and obligations
- As a Customer of SpeakersLoft, you accept that you are not, under any circumstance allowed to disrupt, transform or copy any part of the Service or systems thereof for any purpose.
- As a Customer of SpeakersLoft, you accept that you are bound by these terms and conditions.
- Users may not share material that is illegal, hateful or material, links or any other element that can compromise the safety of other Customers or other legal entities. In other words, don’t be a dick.
- The User accepts that any account is for personal use and cannot be transferred to another individual.
- The User must at all times provide accurate information to SpeakersLoft.
- Customers may contribute to SpeakersLoft with their own content. If any Customers finds their Intellectual property being violated by other Users of Speakersloft, they shall immediately and without unnecessary delay inform SpeakersLoft.com, which reserves the right to investigate and act at its discretion to protect users, systems and intellectual property.
- The Service is incorporated under the laws of Denmark and its courts. Any disputes must be attempted resolved between the parties or alternatively via the EU system for an out-of-court solution: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage
- Failing this, you may try the matter before the courts of Denmark.
- These Terms will not supersede any mandatory consumer protection laws in the Customers country of residence if these deviate from the above Terms.
- Should you need to contact us, please write to us at [email protected], or send us a letter at SpeakersLoft ApS,Flakhaven 1,1, 5000 Odense C, VAT: 39981351
- If any of the clauses in the Terms are found to be unenforceable or void, this does not render any other clause in these terms void.
- Failure by SpeakersLoft.com to enforce any terms shall not render these terms void in any future situations, where similar terms may find use.